TLDR: When in doubt, use the Default Player Type filter & don't use both in the same list/campaign.
How do Default & Local types work in the tee sheet?
It's important to understand the role of Default & Local Player Types in the tee sheet to grasp how they're used PITCHcrm. Most often, customers will have Default & Local Player Types that match, but occasionally they may be different for certain customers. Here's an overview of how the player types function in your tee sheet:
Default Player Type controls the 'default' price or rate plan for each customer, and the pricing available online. It's the rate plan or price that first shows on the tee sheet when reservations are made.
- Default Player Type is displayed in the customer's profile below their name, and it can only be changed from the Customers page (not from tee sheet).
- When new customers are added, the Default Player Type is automatically set to a Visitor or Public type.
- When subscriptions (memberships) are sold, the Default player type will be set to a Member type and automatically reverts to Visitor on the expiration date. This allows them to book reservations at the member rate.
Local Player Type controls the rate plan (price) as well, but ONLY for an individual round of golf. It does NOT determine pricing for any reservations made in the future.
- Local Player Type what shows on the tee sheet for every reservation.
- When staff chooses a rate plan on the tee sheet, they're selecting the Local Player Type to set pricing for that player/round only.
- Changing the Local type on the tee sheet only changes the rate for that reservation, and it does not update the Default Player Type for that customer.
Which player type should be used in PITCHcrm?
Since it's the key differentiator of members vs. visitors, the Default player type filter in Pitch should be used for the vast majority of lists & campaigns. A simple rule of thumb that works in almost all cases is:
When in doubt, use Default Player Type and don't use both in the same list/campaign.
*Very few scenarios exist where Local Player Type is needed in Pitch, and these are only in Dynamic campaigns.
In summary, Default Player Type is always the best filter for lists and campaigns in PITCHcrm. Even in the rare cases where Local type might be better, it's only to optimize send numbers and the wrong contacts wouldn't be included if the Default filter was used. If you'd like expert advice about your specific use case, please ask our support team. We're always happy to help with all things PITCHcrm!
Marketing Pro Tip: It's important to remember that with every audience filter added, the number of contacts matching the criteria is also reduced. To maximize campaign performance (ROI), we recommend limiting the filter criteria to only what's necessary for your target audience.
Keyword Search Terms: default player type, local player type, player type, advanced search, filter list, filter by player type, campaign filter, segment player types